OUR 8 STEP PROCESS
We make every effort to get your build started with as little hassle as possible. These are the steps that we follow, which will help you know what to expect.
1. Home Selection and Fixed Price Tender
- It’s easy, choose one of our designs and façade’s to suit your land, lifestyle and budget. Better Built Homes will arrange for a site inspection of your land and order preliminary reports (soil test, contour survey, 149 Certificate and other relevant property information) upon receipt of your tender request fee.
- Better Built Homes prepares a tender based on the information collected. The tender is presented by a Manager at our head office.
- The Better Built Homes Tender will be explained to you in detail.
- Tender Acceptance – Better Built Homes customer accepts the tender and pays the Tender Acceptance Fee to prepare the plan drawings.
2. Plan preparations and external selections
- Your house plans are prepared.
- This is the time you visit the brick yards tochoose your brick selections. You will also need to choose your roof selections and other external materials prior to attending your Plan Presentation Meeting.
- Plan Presentation Meeting is attended by yourself at the Better Built Homes
head office to review your plans.
Once you accept your plans, nofurther structural changes can be made.
- You will sign your submission plans and pay your submission fee so that your plans can be lodged for approval.
3. Finalise your Submission Plans and HIA Building Contract
- Submission plans are finalised by our drafting department with any final adjustments and external colour selections added to the plans for BASIX assessment.
- You will need to provide a copy of your finance preliminary approval to Better Built Homes at this stage – prior to council lodgement.
- HIA building contract is prepared and contract appointment made to sign the contract. You will then need to send a copy of this contract to the bank.
4. Internal Selections
- At this point, you will need to attend your Electrical appointment, tile selection appointment and carpet appointment with our suppliers.
- After these appointments have been completed and you have made the relevant selections, you will then make an appointment with our Colour Consultant to finalise all selections for your new Better Built Home (Kitchen colours and materials, wall colour, bathroom fittings etc).
- Your Better Built Homes Colour Consultant will guide you through what is included
in your tender and provide a variation to you with anything that is over your tender allowance.
- Building approval times vary from council to council. Each council, developer and estate have different guidelines that need to be met and therefore timelines will vary.
- Better Built Homes endeavours to create plans that will meet council and developer guidelines however all plans are subject to council or certifier approval.
- Once DA approval is met, consultant reports are ordered – Basix Assessment, Engineering, Sydney Water approval etc. A construction certificate can then be obtained.
- Finance Authority To Commence Construction is obtained from
your financial institution and given to Better Built Homes (your home will not proceed to the construction phase without this).
- All materials are ordered.
- Final Construction Plans are completed.
- Construction commences.